Financial Aid Fridays! (PDF)
Every Friday until 2/26 2:00 – 3:00 pm
Talk to a REAL counselor!
No need for an appointment!
All your questions will be answered LIVE!
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/join
Meeting ID: 838 8722 0260
FAFSA – 6 Weeks Left! (PDF)
Fill out the FAFSA or California Dream Act
The financial aid virtual workshop is intended for SUHSD 12th grade students and their families. Topics include an overview of the steps in the financial aid process (FAFSA/CADA), the types of aid available, and an opportunity to ask general questions.
STEPS FOR APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
STEP 1: Create an FSA ID
(username & password for FAFSA only)
- Both the student & one parent need to create an FSA ID
- If parent does not have a SSN they can sign the FAFSA using the paper version
- You will need to include your name, date of birth, social security number, phone number and valid email address
- Watch video on steps to apply
Contact your school counselor if you need help completing the FAFSA/CADA or attend a Cash For College event
6 Things you need for FAFSA form
- Username and Password (FSA ID)
- Social Security Number
- 2019 Tax Records Information
- Records of your untaxed income
- Records of your assets
- List of schools you’re interested in
STEP 3: Follow up
Your information will be sent to the schools you listed on your application. Each school will give you an estimate of your financial aid award.
- Review your FAFSA/CADA application and submit any corrections
- Your college or career school may follow up requesting additional information