Scholarship Corner with Ms. Gonzalez (PDF)
Thursdays 2:30-3:30 pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 8611 960 0626
My name is Ms. Gonzalez and I am the new Scholarship Counselor at SOH. I am so excited to be working with you guys! Thank you for working so hard during these first weeks of Distance Learning.
Applying for scholarships is a wonderful opportunity to earn money for college! As you start your search for scholarships, I hope you will find the following attachments helpful(pages 8-18) :
Letter of Recommendation Form (PDF) – Many scholarships require you submit a letter of recommendation. Fill out this form as thoroughly as possible. Give the form to the person(s) you are requesting a letter from. Please allow the recommender at least 5 days to complete your letter.
FastWeb Top 12 Tips/Winning a Scholarship Quick Reference Guide (PDF) – These tips may seem obvious, but they really point to common mistakes to avoid and practical ways you can increase your chances of winning a scholarship. You will find these on the last page.
Essay Tips (PDF) – If you’re going to take the time to apply to scholarships, invest time in creating a great essay. This piece is critical to winning a scholarship!
It’s a pleasure to serve you as Scholarship Counselor,
- Log into your Gmail Account. (A Gmail Account is required)
- Please make sure to check the scholarship list regularly.New scholarships will be added to the list on a continuous basis.
- Check Infinite Campus Announcements, and follow us on Instagram@sohcounselingstaff to stay up to date with scholarship information and important college deadlines.
- Join Google Classroom:
- Class of 2021 and Class of 2022: enmu7d4
- Class of 2023 and Class of 2024: ysppvs7