ASB Update – Week Nine (September 17th – 22nd, 2018) Hello SOH Staff,
Important Dates and Upcoming Events from our ASB Office:
Spirit Day Fridays: Thank you to ALL those staff members wearing our school colors and gear on Fridays!
Fall Sports Staff Supervision: Fall Break Supervision – A friendly reminder to please report to your athletic supervision assignments over the break – we appreciate your support!
- Please continue to sign up for fall sports supervision needs. We appreciate your support. 2018 Fall Sports Teacher Supervision
- Teachers, we appreciate your support in reporting to your assignments on
Next ICC Meeting, October 16th: Our next ICC meeting will take place on Tuesday, October 16th, after school in room 1105.
- Club Advisors can check the status of their club and all ICC-approved fundraisers via the following link: SOH Clubs and ICC Activity 2018 – 2019
- At this meeting, we will be taking applications for our October 31st, Halloween Food Faire, and our Homecoming Football
- We will also be approving any general club/program-related fundraisers you may need.
- Please remember that all documentation must be submitted at the ICC meeting for approval: 1) Fundraiser/Activity Application, 2.) Meeting Minutes showing student approval, 3.) Student Sign-In Sheet, 4.) and Voluntary Participation
Athletics Sports Factor: Come out and support our athletic programs this week…Sports Factor to follow.
Open House, Thursday, Sept. 13th: Thank you SOH Staff for all your efforts in making this event a success!
Fall Sports Assembly Spirit Week, Monday, Sept. 17th – 21st:
- Theme: In It to Win It, Sports Mania!
- Monday: Athletic Wear (Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Puma, Reebok, Jordan, )
- Tuesday: “Crazy” or “Cool” Sports/Team Mom, Sports/Team Dad, or Sports Fan
- Wednesday: Athletic Jersey Day, represent your favorite sport and/or player
- Thursday: Athlete vs. Mathlete
- Friday: School Colors, School Gear, SOH Student-Athlete uniform top
Unified Sports Flag Football Game vs. Bonita Vista High School, Finalized Date: October 16th: Our SOH Special Education Department and SUHSD Unified Sports Program will be hosting a flag football game on Oct. 16th during 4th period. This is a great opportunity for our SPED students to work in partnership with student-athletes of all backgrounds. Several student leadership groups and student-athletes will be participating in the event in support of our team. More details to follow, esp. in regards to teachers who would like to bring their classes…Mrs. Rodriguez will be working out the details with our Leadership Club.
Fall Sports Spirit Assembly, Friday, Sept. 21st: A friendly reminder that we will be on an assembly schedule on Friday, Sept. 21st in celebration of our Fall Sports programs. Top 5 Homecoming King and Queen candidates announced!
Homecoming King and Queen Candidate Nominations Timeline: Homecoming Season is here! The following timeline has been established for the selection of our 2018 Top 5 King and Queen Homecoming Court Candidates:
- Monday, September 10th – Tuesday, September 18th: Active Clubs/Programs nominate 1 King and 1 Queen candidate (must meet eligibility requirements to qualify – more to follow)
- Tuesday, September 18th: Club/Program nominations are due to the ASB office no later than 3:30pm on Tuesday, Sept. 18th – No Exceptions!
- Wednesday, September 19th: Seniors vote for top 5 King and Queen candidates via Social Science classes
- Friday, September 21st: Top 5 King and Queen Candidates announced at the Fall Sports Spirit Assembly
- Wednesday, October 10th: Campaigning begins
Homecoming Week: Homecoming Week takes place from Monday, October 22nd through Friday, October 26th:
- Monday: Formal Assembly introducing our 5 Homecoming King and Queen Candidates
- Monday – Friday: Candidates participate in daily lunchtime activities in the quad, speeches air on KSOH, campaigning continues
- Wednesday and Thursday: Voting takes place
- Friday: Semiformal Spirit Assembly, Homecoming King Announced
- Football Game: Friday, 7pm versus Montgomery. Homecoming Queen Announced @ halftime.
Homecoming Dance, October 27th, 2018!!! New, reduced ticket price!!! We were able to work with the venue owners for a reduced cost so that we can offer a lower ticket price for our students at SOH. Our early bird special, ticket sale price is ONLY $35 before Fall break. ASB will also be here on Monday, Sept. 24th and Tuesday, Sept. 25th, 10am – 2pm, for ticket sales. Returning from the break, tickets will be $45 a person – still an awesome DEAL!
- We will be hosting our Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 27th, from 7pm – 11pm, in the Seaside Ballroom at Marina Village. The room is beautiful! The dance floor overlooks the marina and the room offers an outside deck and upstairs balcony lounge area for
- Announcements and ticket sales begin this Monday! Please help us encourage students to attend. Tickets are $35/person before Fall Break and $45/person coming back from Fall
Fall Break begins Monday, September 24th: Enjoy a well-deserved break! Rest, rejuvenate and be safe!
- Staff return on Monday, October 8th
- Students return on Wednesday, October 10th
Once again, thank you for all you do! Have a great break!
Thank you, Patricia E. Pérez
Assistant Principal of Student Activities