ASB Update – Week Sixteen, November 5th – November 9th
Hello SOH Staff,
Important Dates and Upcoming Events from our ASB Office:
2018 San Diego Section Girls Volleyball CIF Champions!!! Please congratulate our Girls Volleyball team for their win against the O’Farrell Charter Falcons tonight!!! Way to go ladies! We are proud of you!
- Coach Norma Barba
- Dimal, Erin
- Medel, Norma
- Nunez Loaiza, Amairani
- Nunez Loaiza, Sarahi
- Ramirez, Natalie
- Serrano, Naylhea
- Villegas, Lily
- Zatarain, Alyssa
Winter Season Begins Nov. 2nd: Students interested in playing a Winter sport can continue to stop by the ASB for an Athletic Clearance packet. Students can also see Mr. Tapia in the Main Office for a packet. Students should begin the clearance process as soon as possible to be ready to start the Winter season: Winter Sports include:
- Girls and Boys Wrestling
- Girls and Boys Basketball
- Girls Water Polo
- Girls and Boys Soccer
- Co-Ed Roller Hockey
Winter Sports Staff Supervision: Mr. Tapia and I are working to finalize the Winter season schedules and will have this available for staff sign ups as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.
Principal’s Student Forum (AKA: Lunch with the Principal): We will be organizing monthly opportunities for Mr. Villanueva to host lunch with select classes where students can dialogue with him re: school initiatives, school issues/concerns, student needs, etc. The lunch meetings will take place once a month during 4th period. We are still working on finalizing the dates, but Mr. Villanueva will come into your class for the duration of the period to interact with students. Please sign up via the following link if you are interested in being a part of this opportunity: Principal’s Student Forum 2018-2019. We will select at random each month and notify you with more details if, and when, selected.
Next ICC Meeting, Tuesday, November 13th: Our next scheduled ICC meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 13th, at 2:45pm in room 1105.
- Club Advisors can check the status of their club and all ICC-approved fundraisers via the following link: SOH Clubs and ICC Activity 2018 – 2019
- We will also be approving any general club/program-related fundraisers you may need.
- Please remember that all documentation must be submitted at the ICC meeting for approval: 1) Fundraiser/Activity Application, 2.) Meeting Minutes showing student approval, 3.) Student Sign-In Sheet, 4.) and Voluntary Participation Form.
- In addition, all prior fundraising Revenue Reconciliations and Money Deposits must be submitted and on file prior to additional fundraising approvals.
Monday, November 12th, Holiday: No school for staff or students.
Thanksgiving Break: Monday, November 19th – Friday, November 23rd. School resumes, Monday, November 26th.
Spirit Day Fridays: Thank you to ALL those staff members wearing our school colors and gear on Fridays!
Once again, thank you for all you do! Go RAIDERS!!!
*please notify me if there are any errors or questions
Patricia E. Pérez
Assistant Principal of Student Activities